TERMINATE JOB OR EMPLOYMENT - FORM INSTRUCTIONS
Use this task to:
- Terminate a job filled with a current employee in active or leave status (leaving other jobs in active or leave status), or
- Terminate all jobs held by the employee and he/she will no longer be employed by Oregon State University.
Either a "Job Termination" or "Employment Termination" form is produced by this online task, depending on answers to the online task questions. A Job Termination can also be done electronically through Business Center tasks.
Items to attach to this form
- Job terminations:
- For voluntary resignations (including retirements where the retiree has accepted another OSU appointment with no break in service), a letter of resignation is required from the employee, or he/she may sign the job termination form.
A letter of resignation or signature on this form is not required for hourly student employees.
- For student employees paid by default hours (job suffix 55), a letter of resignation or signature on this form is required if they terminate prior to the end of their appointment.
- Employment terminations:
- Resignations coded R1, R3, R4, R5, R8 and R9: include the employee's letter of resignation (or have the employee sign this form).
- Leave-eligible classified and unclassified employees: attach the original final employee time sheet AND a copy of the prior month's time sheet.
Where to send completed form
Please send to the Human Resources staff in your Business Center.
If the employee will be retiring and then returning to work, whether immediately or after a break in service, please note this on the form. This information helps the benefits section of the Office of Human Resources to assist the retiree with insurance coverage.
If this employee was eligible for vacation and/or compensatory time, any remaining balances must be paid out in the final check. For more information please consult the OSU Leave Administration Guidelines.
Helpful resources for employees:
- OSU Retirement Resources
- Job Loss Resources
Your Business Center Human Resources staff.