EMERITUS FACULTY STATUS - FORM INSTRUCTIONS
The "Emeritus" title may be recommended for a faculty member who:
- retires from Oregon State University, and
- has held a position with indefinite tenure, generally on an active full-time basis, for at least five years immediately prior to retirement, and
- has demonstrated professional competence and provided effective service to the programs of the institution.
Please consult the OSU Emeritus Appointment Policy and Procedures document for more information. Letter formats are included in this policy.
This task adds an emeritus job record in Banner in order to record the details associated with the appointment. There is no compensation associated with emeritus status.
Items to attach to this form
- Copy of letter submitted by department/unit requesting emeritus status
- Copy of letter from President to employee, granting emeritus status
Where to send completed form
Please send to the Human Resources staff in your Business Center.