VENDOR PAYMENT FORM INSTRUCTIONS
- A vendor payment request must be submitted when departments are making payments from invoices that do not have a formal invoice number. Examples: conference registrations, conference facility rentals or lodging, trademark registration, gift certificate purchases and refunds for overpayment or cancellations.
- Or making a payment when the vendor requires attachments to accompany the check for identifying the payment. Examples: memberships and subscriptions using the vendor order form. Change the document indicator in Banner to (1) from (M) and use CTA and any other relevant information (dept., name, description) that will fit in the vendor invoice field for proper handling.
- Or for check pick up when authorization has been received form Accounts Payable. Change the document indictor in Banner to (1) from (M) and use PU (contact name and phone number) in the vendor invoice field.
Budget authority's departmental approval signature
Items to attach to this form
- All original documentation to be kept on file in Payables
- Copy of originals to be attached to the check if marked as a CTA
Where to send the completed form
Accounts Payable/Business Affairs
In-person delivery & campus mail: B106 Kerr Administration Building
Oregon State University
PO Box 1086
Corvallis, OR 97339-1086
A clearly defined business purpose is required on the vendor payment. Any information found in Banner FOATEXT will populate in the business purpose portion of this task. The text from Banner FOATEXT can be edited up to 250 characters and will print as the business purpose for this vendor payment. When paying for memberships give the purpose of the membership and the benefit to OSU. Include the department or full name of the person receiving the membership and the membership period. Documentation or confirmation is required when paying for a conference and or facility rental. For all travel related activities include the name of the traveler, date of the travel and destination.
Need help? Contact Accounts Payable
Payables and Travel main line, 7-4262