OSCAR Information
Print this page

Travel Authorization Instructions

Please refer to the requirements and restrictions for travel authorizations that are found in the travel manual allowing university employees and students to travel on official university business.

Required authorization

All OSU employee travel requires pre-authorization. The level of authorization varies depending on the type of travel and the funding source. For all state employees traveling out-of-state on educational and general (E&G) funds, (except 06xxxx) are limited to core university activities (research, teaching and outreach/service and essential university business). Pre-authorization is given by the dean, director or department head in accordance with OSU's policy requiring advance authorization for travel. With the exception of international travel on grant indexes, travel authorizations may be verbal or written, subject to the department's internal policy.

International travel on grant funds must be authorized in advance by the department and the Office of Post Award Administration prior to travel. If a last-minute trip makes advance completion of the form impossible, contact the Office of Post Award Administration.

For blanket authorization on a series of trips, changes and reimbursement for international travel on grant funds refer to:

Where to send the completed form

This form can be signed and either kept in the department or sent with the travel documentation.

When international travel on a grant, authorizations must be routed through the Office of Post Award Administration for pre-approval:

In-person delivery & campus mail: B306 Kerr Administration Building.

Postal mail:
Office of Post Award Administration
Oregon State University
PO Box 1086
Corvallis, OR 97339-1086

Need help? Contact the Office of Post Award Administration

Main line, 541-737--4711

Need help? Contact Accounts Payable/Travel

Main line, 541-737-4262

Finish and close this window